Last Updated on June 1, 2019, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 225
1. What is the punishment of the Sowers of Discord?
Writing an essay?
Get a custom outline
Our Essay Lab can help you tackle any essay assignment within seconds, whether you’re studying Macbeth or the American Revolution. Try it today!
2. Who is Absalom?
3. Who is Bertrand de Born?
4. Why does Virgil say that Dante is in Hell?
5. What advice does the outcast give to Caesar?
6. What is the outcast’s punishment for giving ill advice to Caesar and for creating discord?
7. How is the outcast able to speak?
8. Which type of discord does Bertrand represent?
9. Which type of discord does Mahomet represent?
10. Which type of discord does Curio represent?
1. The Sowers of Discord received bodily injury specific to their crimes for their actions.
2. Absalom was David’s son; David was King of Israel.
3. Bertrand de Born is the shade with his head in his hand. He is guilty of starting the quarrel between Henry II and his son.
4. Virgil says that Dante is in Hell to find “full experience of the Way.”
5. The outcast told Caesar that delays were dangerous and he gives the sign for the civil strife to start.
6. The outcast had his tongue cut from his mouth because of the ill advice he had given to Caesar and for having created discord.
7. The outcast is able to speak because he puts his head on his body.
8. Bertrand is guilty of having created family discord.
9. Mahomet is guilty of having created religious discord.
10. Curio is guilty of having created civil discord.