Last Updated on June 1, 2019, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 194
1. Fucci makes a sign at the beginning of the canto. What kind of sign is this?
Writing an essay?
Get a custom outline
Our Essay Lab can help you tackle any essay assignment within seconds, whether you’re studying Macbeth or the American Revolution. Try it today!
2. At whom does Fucci make the gesture?
3. How does Dante feel about Fucci after observing his actions?
4. What does Dante believe is unique about Fucci?
5. What is Maremma?
6. Do you think that Fucci feels remorse for the sins he committed in life?
7. What is Cacus?
8. Where does Cacus live?
9. What does the term metamorphosis mean?
10. How does Dante recognize Puccio?
1. Fucci makes a rude gesture at the beginning of the canto.
2. Fucci makes the gesture at God.
3. Dante dislikes Fucci intensely and does not regret that he is being punished.
4. Dante believes that Fucci is the most defiant spirit against God he has ever seen.
5. Maremma is a swampy area near Tuscany.
6. Fucci’s actions in Hell do not indicate that he is a changed person so he evidently does not feel remorse; he seems sorry that he is caught.
7. Cacus is a dragon with spread wings and fiery breath.
8. Cacus lives beneath the high rock of Mount Aventine.
9. A metamorphosis is a change from one creature to another.
10. Dante recognizes Puccio because he limps.