Canto 20 Questions and Answers
1. Dante mentions the Abyss and the chasm; to what is he referring?
2. What is unusual about the sinners that Dante sees in Canto XX?
3. Amphiaraus tried to look ahead to save his own life; what happens to him when he leaves a battle?
4. What does Tiresias strike with his wand?
5. What happens to Tiresias after he uses his wand the first time in striking these objects?
6. How does Tiresias change himself back after using his wand the first time?
7. What is the crime of the sinners who have their heads turned backwards on their bodies?
8. Who is the daughter of Tiresias?
9. At about what speed do those with their heads twisted on their necks move?
10. On what day of the week do all these events occur?
1. Dante is referring to...
(The entire section is 264 words.)