Canto 19 Questions and Answers
1. How does Dante know that Virgil approves of what he says?
2. Who is Simon Magus?
3. Why does Dante break up an area made for the priests to stand in to perform baptisms?
4. What is the punishment of the Simoniacs?
5. What is the punishment of the priests?
6. Who is the priest with whom Dante speaks?
7. For whom does Nicholas III mistake Dante?
8. Who is the “Fairest among Women” that the priests had used poorly?
9. Why does Nicholas III not realize that Dante is not Pope Boniface VIII?
10. Who is the disciple who replaces Judas?
1. Dante knows that Virgil approves of his words because 1) he smiles when Dante speaks and 2) he clasps him...
(The entire section is 230 words.)