Canto 11 Questions and Answers
1. What sin does Virgil say that people—but not animals—are subject to commit and that God hates worst?
2. In which ring would one find murderers, people who are violent with their hands, and robbers?
3. In which ring would one find those who gamble, waste their money, and rob themselves of goods?
4. What is the sin of Sodom?
5. What is the sin of Cahors?
6. Where would one find flatterers, sorcerers, hypocrites, and cheats?
7. Which is least blameworthy: incontinence, vice, or brute bestiality?
8. What does Dante say will heal all light which was dim?
9. Contempt of art and contempt of Nature are the same, according to Dante, in that they express contempt of whom?
10. What does Dante define as a breach of trust against the confiding?
1. People are subject to commit the sin of fraud but animals cannot. God hates the sin of fraud more than any other sin.
2. In the first ring one would find murders, people who are violent with their hands, and robbers
3. In ring two one would find those who gamble, waste their money, and rob themselves of goods.
4. The sin of Sodom is homosexuality.
5. The sin of Cahors is usury.
6. Flatterers, sorcerers, hypocrites, and cheats are in the second ring.
7. The sin of incontinence is least blameworthy.
8. Dante says sunlight will heal all light which is dim.
9. Contempt of art and contempt of Nature are the same, according to Dante, as they show contempt of God.
10. Dante defines fraud as a breach of trust against the confiding.