Last Updated on July 29, 2019, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 136
- Home Before Night (1979) is Leonard's autobiography, which recounts some of the same incidents that appear in Da.
- The Poker Session (1963) is a play by Leonard in which a family, brought together for a poker game after the release of one of its members from an insane asylum, reveals its hidden insanities.
- Dancing at Lughnasa (1990), by Brian Friel, is an autobiographical story by one of the foremost contemporary Irish playwrights about a boyhood spent among five aunts in rural Ireland.
- Dubliners (1914), by James Joyce the great modernist Irish writer, is a collection of short stories about Dublin. Leonard adapted Dubliners to the stage in a play entitled Dublin One (1963).
- The Politics of Irish Drama: Plays in Context from Boucicault to Friel (1999), by Nicholas Grene, includes critical discussion of the historical and political significance of major Irish playwrights.
Unlock This Study Guide Now
Start your 48-hour free trial and unlock all the summaries, Q&A, and analyses you need to get better grades now.
- 30,000+ book summaries
- 20% study tools discount
- Ad-free content
- PDF downloads
- 300,000+ answers
- 5-star customer support