What Do I Read Next?
Last Updated on July 29, 2019, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 136
- Home Before Night (1979) is Leonard's autobiography, which recounts some of the same incidents that appear in Da.
- The Poker Session (1963) is a play by Leonard in which a family, brought together for a poker game after the release of one of its members from an insane asylum, reveals its hidden insanities.
- Dancing at Lughnasa (1990), by Brian Friel, is an autobiographical story by one of the foremost contemporary Irish playwrights about a boyhood spent among five aunts in rural Ireland.
- Dubliners (1914), by James Joyce the great modernist Irish writer, is a collection of short stories about Dublin. Leonard adapted Dubliners to the stage in a play entitled Dublin One (1963).
- The Politics of Irish Drama: Plays in Context from Boucicault to Friel (1999), by Nicholas Grene, includes critical discussion of the historical and political significance of major Irish playwrights.