Last Updated on July 29, 2019, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 99
1. What are the symbolic differences between the High Place where James Jarvis lives and the valley?
2. St. Stephen, the first Christian martyr, was stoned to death, falsely accused of speaking against the Holy Land and the law. How is Stephen Kumalo like St. Stephen? 3. Why can't Stephen Kumalo persuade his sister to change her ways?
4. What elements make Cry, the Beloved Country a novel of protest?
5. If Patron had written this novel today instead of in 1948, how would it be different?
6. Are European and American ideas of Christian principles changed in this African setting?
C. Lasker and K. Amoabeng
Unlock This Study Guide Now
Start your 48-hour free trial and unlock all the summaries, Q&A, and analyses you need to get better grades now.
- 30,000+ book summaries
- 20% study tools discount
- Ad-free content
- PDF downloads
- 300,000+ answers
- 5-star customer support