Chapter 25 and 26 Questions and Answers
1. Where does Holden spend the rest of the night after he leaves Mr. Antolini’s apartment?
2. What does Holden worry about as he tries to stop thinking about the scene with Mr. Antolini?
3. Whom does Holden think about calling before he meets Phoebe?
4. What rule would Holden require all visitors at his cabin to observe?
5. How does Holden recognize Phoebe from a distance at the museum?
6. Why does Phoebe have a suitcase with her?
7. What does Phoebe say to Holden that he says sounds worse than swearing?
8. How does Holden feel as he stands in the rain watching Phoebe ride the carousel?
9. From what location is Holden telling this story?
10. What is Holden sorry about?
1. Holden spends the rest of the night sleeping on a bench in Grand Central Station.
2. Holden begins reading magazine articles about hormones and cancer. He soon begins to worry about his hormones and whether he has cancer.
3. Holden thinks about calling Jane Gallagher, but decides against it because, once again, he is not in the mood.
4. Holden would forbid visitors to do anything phony while they are with him at his cabin.
5. Holden recognizes Phoebe because she is wearing his red hunting hat.
6. Phoebe has a suitcase with her because she wants to go out west with Holden.
7. Phoebe tells him to shut up. This sounds worse than swearing to Holden.
8. Holden says that he feels so happy that he is almost crying.
9. Holden is telling this story from a psychiatric hospital in California.
10. Holden says that he is sorry he told so many people this story.