Chapter 16 Questions and Answers
Last Updated on October 26, 2018, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 254
1. What makes Holden sad when he thinks about the nuns?
2. How did the little boy walking with his family lift Holden’s spirits?
3. What kind of shows does Sally Hayes like to see?
4. Although Holden is getting low on cash, he takes a cab to the park instead of the subway. Why?
5. What is it about Phoebe’s liking to skate near the bandstand that Holden thinks is funny?
6. Why is the young girl in the park having trouble tightening her skate?
7. How does Holden feel while he thinks about Miss Aigletinger taking his class to the museum?
8. What is it about Gertrude Levine, his partner at the museum, that Holden remembers?
9. According to Holden, what is the best thing about the museum?
10. Is Holden looking forward to his date with Sally?
1. What makes Holden sad is that the nuns never get to go anywhere swanky for lunch.
2. The boy was singing, “If a body catch a body coming through the rye.”
3. Sally likes shows which are sophisticated and dry.
4. Holden wants to get off Broadway as fast as he can.
5. The bandstand is the same place where Holden liked to skate when he was a child.
6. The little girl does not have any gloves on and her hands are red and cold.
7. These pleasant memories make Holden feel very good.
8. Gertrude always wanted to hold Holden’s hand, but her hand was always sweaty.
9. Everything always stays the same; nothing changes.
10. No, he seems to regret having made the date.