Chapter 15 Questions and Answers
Last Updated on October 26, 2018, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 283
1. When Holden awakens on Sunday morning, he thinks about the time of his last meal. When was that?
2. Whom does Holden think about calling when he awakens?
3. Where is Sally supposed to meet Holden?
4. Why does Holden not want to tell his mother that he was expelled again?
5. Why did Dick Slagle take Holden’s suitcases out from under the bed and put them out where they could be seen?
6. What was Dick Slagle’s favorite word?
7. Why did Holden miss Dick Slagle after they were given different roommates?
8. What subjects do the two nuns teach?
9. What does Holden find annoying about Catholics?
10. Holden says that he did something stupid and embarrassing when the two nuns got up to leave. What was it?
1. Holden’s last meal was the two hamburgers he had with Brossard and Ackley, the night before.
2. Holden thinks about calling Jane Gallagher, but decides against it because he is not in the mood.
3. Sally is supposed to meet Holden under the clock at the Biltmore Hotel.
4. Holden does not want to tell his mother about the expulsion because her health has not been good since Allie died. Holden says that she is very nervous.
5. Dick Slagle wanted people to think that Holden’s expensive luggage was his own.
6. Dick Slagle’s favorite word was bourgeois.
7. Holden missed Dick Slagle because he had a good sense of humor and they sometimes had much fun together.
8. One teaches English and the other teaches history and American government.
9. Holden says that Catholics are always trying to find out whether you are Catholic or not.
10. Holden is embarrassed by the fact that he accidentally blew cigarette smoke in their faces.