Last Updated on October 26, 2018, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 267
1. Does Holden think that Stradlater seduced Jane Gallagher?
2. What sports does Jane Gallagher enjoy playing?
3. How did Jane Gallagher and Holden get to be friends?
4. What kind of books did Jane Gallagher like to read?
5. Is Jane Gallagher pretty?
6. What was it that made Jane Gallagher cry when she and Holden were playing checkers?
7. How important was necking in Holden’s relationship with Jane Gallagher?
8. How does Holden know about Ernie’s in Greenwich Village?
9. Who is Ernie?
10. What does Holden find especially irritating about Ernie?
1. No, he does not. But Holden says that it drives him crazy just thinking about it.
2. Jane Gallagher enjoys playing golf and tennis.
3. Jane Gallagher was a neighbor of Holden’s at their summer houses in Maine. They met at the swimming pool at the club after an incident regarding her dog relieving itself on the Caulfield lawn.
4. Holden says that Jane reads very good books, including much poetry.
5. Holden’s mother does not think Jane is pretty. But Holden says that he just liked the way she looked, that’s all.
6. It had to do with her mother’s husband. But Holden says that he never did find out what was the matter.
7. It was not important at all. Actually, they preferred to hold hands.
8. Ernie’s is a night club in Greenwich Village which his brother, D.B., used to frequent.
9. Ernie is a fat, black man who plays the piano in the club.
10. Holden says that Ernie is a snob. He will talk to you only if you are a big shot or a celebrity.
Unlock This Study Guide Now
Start your 48-hour free trial and unlock all the summaries, Q&A, and analyses you need to get better grades now.
- 30,000+ book summaries
- 20% study tools discount
- Ad-free content
- PDF downloads
- 300,000+ answers
- 5-star customer support