Questions and Answers: Part 3 (Fiat Voluntas Tua), Chapters 25-26
1. What does Asia say caused the Itu Wan disaster?
2. What is Quo peregrinatur?
3. What are the twenty-seven brothers supposed to do?
4. What will be the status of the abbey’s group that leaves on the starship?
5. How did the abbey get access to a jet in order to fly to New Rome?
1. Asia says the Itu Wan disaster was caused by the explosion of an Atlantic missile.
2. Quo peregrinatur is the Church’s plan for keeping itself alive on the colony planets in the event of a nuclear war. By sending a group of Church members to outer space, the Church could maintain its existence even if it was destroyed on Earth.
3. The twenty-seven brothers are supposed to report to the Old Abbey courtyard right after an attack warning sounds. They will receive special instructions about their role in the Quo peregrinator mission.
4. The abbey’s group that leaves on the starship will become an independent daughter house of the Order of Leibowitz.
5. The abbey got access to a jet in order to fly to New Rome through a friendship between an air marshal and a cardinal archbishop. This friendship allowed the Church to embark on its Quo peregrinator plan despite the flight being forbidden by the ZDI.