Questions and Answers: Part 2 (Fiat Lux), Chapters 16-17
1. Who does Benjamin say he met six centuries ago?
2. What does Benjamin’s sign say?
3. What does Benjamin criticize Paulo for?
4. Why was Apollo arrested by Hannegan II?
5. What does Dom Paulo fear Hannegan II will do?
1. Benjamin says he met Francis six centuries ago. If so, Benjamin is the same man as the anonymous pilgrim Francis met.
2. Benjamin’s sign says “Tents Mended Here.”
3. Benjamin criticizes Dom Paulo for preferring paradox and mystery to common sense.
4. Apollo was arrested by Hannegan II for encouraging dissent by the allies of the Holy Scourge and opposing the Texarkana empire. The arrest also asserted the empire’s ability to control the Church.
5. Dom Paulo fears Hannegan II will wreak havoc upon the world with his army of barbarians and destroy civilization.