9: The Tale of Sir Thopas Questions and Answers
l. What elements of the romance are found in the story of Sir Thopas?
2. What leads the reader to understand that the story is a parody?
3. On what ancient form of literature is the Tale of Melibeus based?
4. What causes Harry Bailley to disapprove of The Tale of Sir Thopas?
5. Why does he approve of the Tale of Melibeus?
6. What kind of a wife is Prudence in the story of Melibeus?
7. Explain how The Tale of Sir Thopas is a joke on the Host.
8. In what way does the story of Melibeus complete the joke?
9. What does the Narrator call the divisions in The Tale of Sir Thopas?
10. What is rhyme-doggerel?
l. Romance is represented in this tale by a gallant knight off on a quest and combat for love.
2. Everything is exaggerated, such as...
(The entire section is 268 words.)