14: The Summoner's Tale Questions and Answers
1. What is the reaction of the Summoner to The Friar's Tale?
2. What happens in the Summoner's joke about the friars?
3. What happened to the prayers that were supposed to be
offered for all who donated to the friars?
4. Why is Thomas so angry with the friar?
5. How does the friar try to calm his benefactor's anger?
6. What new donation does Thomas make by way of response to the friar's sermon?
7. To whom does the friar take his case against Thomas?
8. What distracts the lord of the shire from dealing with the
9. Who finally solves the problem of dividing the "gift"?
10. What does the lord's failure to punish such an insult against the clergy say about his own attitude toward friars?
(The entire section is 246 words.)