10: The Monk's Tale Questions and Answers
1. What kind of a wife does the Host have?
2. How does the description of Harry Bailley's married state fit in with the theme of many of the tales?
3. What is the Host's opinion of the clergy?
4. How does the Monk respond to the teasing of the Host?
5. What is the theme of The Monk's Tale?
6. From what sources are the examples drawn?
7. The Monk's Tale is not actually a story. What is it?
8. List three of the 17 notable figures described in this section.
9. Against what is the Monk warning the listeners?
10. Why must the listeners not trust in these things?
1. She is ill-tempered; she is big and strong.
2. Harry's wife is in control; he is very anxious to please...
(The entire section is 240 words.)