23: The Manciple's Tale Questions and Answers
1. Another rivalry among the characters is revealed in the prologue to The Manciple's Tale. Between whom is this new rivalry and what is its basis?
2. Into what genre does The Manciple's Tale fall?
3. What is the theme of this tale?
4. Why is it appropriate for the Manciple to tell this particular tale?
5. How is the Cook calmed and persuaded not to argue further with the Manciple?
6. What did Phoebus' crow look like before he was cursed?
7. How was his appearance changed after he was cursed?
8. What specifically did the bird do which so angered Phoebus?
9. How does the behavior of Phoebus' wife relate her to other women in the Tales?
(The entire section is 225 words.)