18: The Franklin's Tale Questions and Answers
1. What quality of the nobility does the Franklin admire most and try to imitate in his tale?
2. What is the rash promise made by Dorigen which is the source of all the trouble in The Franklin's Tale?
3. In what literary genre is this story written?
4. What is the theme of this tale?
5. From what sources did Chaucer borrow in creating The Franklin's Tale?
6. What is the effect on Aurelius when Dorigen rebuffs him?
7. Who stands by Aurelius during all of his trials?
8. How is the impossible feat of removing the rocks finally accomplished?
9. When he cannot pay his debt, what does Aurelius promise to do?
10. What does the magician do in...
(The entire section is 225 words.)