1. How did the Ghost Dance religion affect the Sioux?
2. How many guns did the Sioux have at Wounded Knee Creek?
3. How many Sioux died at Wounded Knee?
4. Where were the wounded Sioux taken?
5. Who commanded the Army soldiers?
1. Because of their belief that their ancestors would soon return to life and the whites would leave, the Sioux did not retaliate against the Army soldiers.
2. The Sioux had two rifles.
3. Approximately 300 Sioux were massacred.
4. The survivors were taken to the Episcopal mission at Pine Ridge.
5. Colonel James W. Forsyth was the commanding officer.