Last Updated on May 5, 2015, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 129
1. How did General Terry gain access to Sitting Bull?
2. Why did the Sioux come into Fort Buford?
3. Why did Sitting Bull reconcile with the commissioners?
4. How did the audience respond to Sitting Bull’s speech at Bismarck?
5. How did the Ghost Dance religion begin?
1. The War Department made arrangements with Canada for Terry to go into Canada with the Mounties to meet Sitting Bull.
2. The harshness of life in Canada and lack of governmental support caused the Sioux to leave Canada and go to the Great Sioux Reservation.
3. Sitting Bull wrongly thought that the commissioners would help the Sioux keep their land.
4. Sitting Bull was given a standing ovation.
5. After 11 Sioux had a vision in Nevada of the returned Christ, who taught them to Ghost Dance.
Unlock This Study Guide Now
Start your 48-hour free trial and unlock all the summaries, Q&A, and analyses you need to get better grades now.
- 30,000+ book summaries
- 20% study tools discount
- Ad-free content
- PDF downloads
- 300,000+ answers
- 5-star customer support