Topics for Discussion
1. Why does Daniel not know from the start that Rosh is devious?
2. Were any of Daniel's crimes justifiable? Why might freeing Samson be justifiable while robbing the old man is not?
3. Discuss the character strengths of Simon, who gives up his business in order to follow Jesus; Joel, a good student who knows much of Holy Scripture by heart; Malthace, who seems to know what is in the hearts of others; and Rosh, who is charismatic but cynical. Which of these characters is the wisest?
4. Who is more courageous, bold Daniel or bookish Joel?
5. Do people today still rationalize their bad deeds the same way that...
(The entire section is 213 words.)