Chapter 6 Questions and Answers
1. To what does Henry Foster compare Bernard?
2. What does Bernard want Lenina to do on their first afternoon together?
3. When Bernard and Lenina meet her friends in Amsterdam, how does he behave?
4. How does Bernard frighten Lenina during their return over the Channel?
5. What is the Director’s attitude toward Bernard’s trip to the Reservation?
6. What does the Director sometimes dream about regarding his experience at the Reservation?
7. How does the Director threaten Bernard for his reported behavior?
8. What are Bernard’s only thoughts during the Warden’s lecture?
9. How does Bernard react when he hears the Director has made good on his threat of exile?
10. How does the Gamma pilot refer to the Savages and the Reservation? What word does he keep using?
1. Foster calls Bernard a rhinoceros who has not been affected by conditioning.
2. Bernard wants to take Lenina to the Lake District to walk and talk alone.
3. Bernard sits at the ice...
(The entire section is 337 words.)