Chapter 16 Questions and Answers
1. When Bernard, Helmholtz, and the Savage are ushered into Mond’s office, how does each place himself?
2. How does Mond greet the Savage?
3. Why are things like Shakespeare’s plays prohibited?
4. Why can’t Othello be rewritten?
5. Why can’t a world of Alphas be created?
6. What proved that an Alpha society would fail?
7. Why are some labor-saving devices not put to use?
8. What is Bernard’s reaction to exile?
9. What event changed people’s ideas about truth and beauty?
10. For what does Helmholtz ask? Where is he to be sent?
1. Bernard tries to be as inconspicuous as possible. Helmholtz confidently sits in the best chair. The Savage paces restlessly.
2. Mond walks directly to the Savage and speaks of his discontent with society.
(The entire section is 253 words.)