Last Updated on October 26, 2018, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 203
1. What does Henry Foster recommend for Lenina’s condition?
2. Because she is upset, what does Lenina forget?
3. What does Fanny advise Lenina?
4. Whom had John been expecting when Lenina visits him?
5. What does John do when he sees Lenina?
6. What does John want to do for Lenina?
7. What does Lenina try to do to seduce John?
8. What idea does Lenina find horrible?
9. What does John finally do to Lenina?
10. What distracts John from his murderous rage?
1. Henry recommends that Lenina have a Pregnancy Substitute or a Violent Passion Surrogate.
2. Lenina is so angry that she forgets to give an embryo an immunization against sleeping sickness.
3. Fanny advises Lenina to make a move and seduce the Savage.
4. The Savage thought Helmholtz was at the door.
5. John drops to his knees in front of Lenina.
6. John wants to perform some physical task to prove he is worthy of her.
7. Lenina embraces and tries to kiss John, then strips naked in front of him.
8. John wants Lenina to marry him and to live with him
9. John shakes Lenina, then slaps her and tells her to leave.
10. A telephone call that seems to be about something important causes John to leave the apartment.
Unlock This Study Guide Now
Start your 48-hour free trial and unlock all the summaries, Q&A, and analyses you need to get better grades now.
- 30,000+ book summaries
- 20% study tools discount
- Ad-free content
- PDF downloads
- 300,000+ answers
- 5-star customer support