Chapter 12 Questions and Answers
1. What important person has Bernard invited to his reception? Why?
2. How do the people at the reception feel when the Savage doesn’t appear?
3. How does Lenina feel?
4. What is the Savage reading? Why?
5. How does Bernard cope with the failure of the evening?
6. To whom does Bernard try to turn?
7. What is Helmholtz’s situation? Why?
8. What happens when Bernard tries to interrupt Helmholtz and the Savage?
9. What makes Helmholtz laugh at Romeo and Juliet?
10. What does Helmholtz say his society needs?
1. Bernard has tried to make an impression by inviting the Arch-Community-Songster of Canterbury to his reception.
2. Bernard’s guests feel cheated and tricked. They came to meet the Savage, not to have to put up with Bernard.
3. Lenina feels...
(The entire section is 260 words.)