Chapter 10 Questions and Answers
1. To what does the Director compare the Bloomsbury Centre?
2. Why does the Director choose the Fertilizing Room to meet Bernard?
3. Why is it important that high-caste workers are witnesses?
4. How does Bernard begin the meeting?
5. Of what does the Director accuse Bernard?
6. What is to be Bernard’s punishment?
7. How does Linda try to act toward the Director?
8. What is the reaction in the room to Linda’s revelation?
9. What is the reaction to John’s calling the Director his father?
10. How does the Director leave?
1. The Director calls the Centre a hive of industry.
2. The Director plans to make a public example of Bernard in front of high-caste workers.
(The entire section is 231 words.)