Last Updated on July 29, 2019, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 153
- Research the Symbolist movement in literature. Which elements of Lorca's play suggest symbolist influences?
- Metaphors, similes, and symbols are words in a literary work that refer to other things. Using Blood Wedding as your sample text, demonstrate the difference between these three literary devices. How, for example, does a symbol function substantially differently than metaphors and similes?
- Compare and contrast the role of the chorus in a Greek tragedy you have read and in Blood Wedding.
- Explore the role of setting in Lorca's play.
- Examine the rise of fascism in the 1930s in Europe. How do historians account for the popularity of leaders such as Hitler, Mussolini, and Franco? What were these leaders' governing political convictions?
- Research the international battalions of the Spanish Civil War especially the Abraham Lincoln brigade from the United States.
- Research the drama project, La barraca, of which Lorca was artistic director. What were the aims of the project?
Unlock This Study Guide Now
Start your 48-hour free trial and unlock all the summaries, Q&A, and analyses you need to get better grades now.
- 30,000+ book summaries
- 20% study tools discount
- Ad-free content
- PDF downloads
- 300,000+ answers
- 5-star customer support