Lines 1,888–2,220 Questions and Answers
1. What does Beowulf give the boat watcher?
2. How are the Geats greeted once they arrive home?
3. What is the story of Thrith?
4. Why didn’t Higlac initially allow Beowulf to go to Hrothgar’s aid when they first heard of the monsters threatening Herot?
5. What is Beowulf’s opinion of Hrothgar’s plan concerning Ingeld and Freaw?
6. What is the heritage of the gifts Beowulf gives Higlac from Hrothgar?
7. What gift does Higlac bestow upon Beowulf?
8. At what point in the family lineage does Beowulf agree to assume the throne of Geatland?
9. How long does Beowulf rule peacefully?
(The entire section is 556 words.)