Beowulf Movie Comprehension Worksheet
- Release Date: February 12, 2019
- Age Levels: Grade 12
Beowulf Movie Comprehension Part I
- What do the thanes in Wrothgar’s hall seem to value most?
- Describe Grendal:
- What are King Wrothgar and his queen doing during Grendal’s first attack?
- What is Beowulf doing when we first see him?
- Why has Wrothgar closed his mead-hall?
- Who challenges Beowulf by saying he lost the race with Brecca?
- What does Wrothgar promise Beowulf if he defeats Grendal?
- Describe Welthow (Wrothgar’s queen) and Wrothgar’s relationship.
- What is the topic of Welthow’s song?
- What does Grendal do when he hears the song?
Beowulf Movie Comprehension Part II
- What does Beowulf tell his men to do while he is sleeping? Why?
- Why does Beowulf fight Grendal naked?
- What happens to Grendal when Beowulf hits him in his ear?
- List three times when Beowulf boasts:
- After Beowulf’s dream, he wakes to find what has happened to his men?
- What does Unferth give Beowulf?
- What does Grendal’s mother want from Beowulf?
- How is Beowulf’s meeting with Grendal’s mother different from the book?
- How does Wrothgar die?
- What is the dragon to Beowulf?
Students watch the movie Beowulf (animated version) and answer questions about what is happening.