Pages 263–275: Questions and Answers
1. How did Sethe and Beloved look standing in the doorway?
2. How was Mr. Bodwin saved?
3. Why doesn’t he realize there was an attempt on his life?
4. How is Denver faring now?
5. Why does Paul D come back?
6. How does the house look when he enters?
7. Where is Sethe?
8. Why is she preparing to die?
9. What does Paul D tell her at the end of her tears?
10. Why is Beloved forgotten?
1. Sethe looked unaccountably smaller than Beloved as the two stood in the doorway. While Beloved is visibly pregnant, it is not just her belly, but her whole person, that looks much...
(The entire section is 465 words.)