Pages 114–147: Questions and Answers
1. Why does Paul D make love to Sethe each morning before he is seduced by Beloved?
2. Why does Denver enjoy Beloved’s staring at her?
3. What happens between Denver and Beloved in the cold house?
4. How do Paul D and Sethe conduct themselves when he meets her after work?
5. How does he see her pregnancy as a solution to his problem?
6. Why does Beloved think her body is falling apart?
7. How would you describe the feast at Baby Suggs’ house?
8. Why had her congregation shunned Baby Suggs and her family after the feast?
9. Why hadn’t Baby Suggs been able to find her children?
10. Why had the...
(The entire section is 521 words.)