Last Updated on July 29, 2019, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 96
- Investigate the basic existential tenets of the French philosophers and writers Jean Paul Sartre and Albert Camus and their impact on Ionesco's absurdist drama.
- Compare the dramatic techniques of an existential drama such as Sartre's No Exit or Camus's The Misunderstanding with those of The Bald Soprano.
- Investigate the work of Alfred Jarry and the science of pataphysics, relating your discoveries to Ionesco's anti-plays.
- Research the impact of Charlie Chaplin and other film comedians on the absurdists, including Ionesco.
- Research surrealism as a movement in art and drama, noting its influence on Ionesco's The Bald Soprano.
Unlock This Study Guide Now
- 30,000+ book summaries
- 20% study tools discount
- Ad-free content
- PDF downloads
- 300,000+ answers
- 5-star customer support