Chapter 25 Questions and Answers
1. Why can’t Edna work when it’s dark and cloudy?
2. How does Edna feel on her melancholy days?
3. What does Alcee look like?
4. Why does Edna enjoy the racetrack so much?
5. How does Edna feel while she is at the track?
6. How does Edna feel after Alcee takes her home?
7. What happens between Edna and Alcee at the track?
8. Why does Edna touch Alcee’s hand?
9. What happens when Alcee looks into Edna’s eyes?
10. What is Edna’s reaction to Alcee after he has gone?
1. She needs the sun to mellow her mood.
2. She feels as if her life is passing her by, leaving her with broken and unfulfilled promises.
3. He has a good body, a pleasant face not burdened with any depth of thought or feeling, a perpetual smile in his eyes, and he dresses in the height of fashion.
4. It reminds her of happy times in her childhood stables. Also, she wins a lot of money.
5. She feels intoxicated.
6. She wanted something exciting to happen and regretted that she had not asked him to stay a while.
7. They develop a certain intimacy.
8. He is showing her a scar on his wrist.
9. He draws out all her latent sensuality.
10. She stares at her hand where he kissed her goodnight and feels like she has already been unfaithful.