Chapter 15 Questions and Answers
1. How does Edna learn that Robert is going to Mexico?
2. What does Edna do with her feeling of bewilderment?
3. How does Robert look when he sees Edna’s face?
4. How does Robert explain his sudden departure?
5. How does this news affect Edna’s appetite?
6. What does Adele warn Robert about?
7. What does Edna do when she goes back to her room?
8. Why does Edna refuse to go to the Lebruns?
9. What does Robert make clear to Edna before he leaves?
10. What does Edna realize after Robert leaves?
1. Several people tell her at once when she enters the dining room late for dinner one afternoon.
2. She lets it show on her face.
3. He looks embarrassed and uneasy.
4. He was meeting his mother’s friend in Vera Cruz, and he needed to get to New Orleans to pack in time to make the ship that would take him there by the appointed day.
5. She forces herself to finish her soup but can’t eat her stew.
6. She tells him that Mexicans are not to be trusted.
7. She busies herself with little odds and ends and helps put the boys to bed.
8. She claims she is tired, but the truth is she can’t bear to watch Robert go.
9. He is leaving because of his strong feelings for Edna.
10. She realizes that she loves him.