Chapter 14 Questions and Answers
1. Why is Etienne still up when Edna returns?
2. How does Edna act with Etienne when she returns home?
3. Why is Edna so loving toward Etienne at this time?
4. Why is Adele staying with the children?
5. Why does Adele leave immediately after Edna returned?
6. How does Robert show his feelings as he says goodnight to Edna?
7. What does Robert do after he left Edna?
8. What does Edna realize about this summer at Grand Isle?
9. How does Edna feel about Robert’s leaving?
10. What does Edna do while waiting for Leonce to return?
1. He had refused to go to bed and had made a scene.
2. She coddles and caresses him and is very loving and tender.
3. She is feeling good about herself.
4. Leonce left to go to Klein’s for the evening.
5. Monsieur Ratignolle hates to be alone.
6. He presses her hand.
7. He goes for a solitary walk by the sea.
8. She realizes that she is somehow different than she had been in previous years.
9. She regrets that he left; it has become natural to have him around.
10. She sings the song that Robert sang to her on the boat.