Epilogue by Alex Haley
1. In what national publications do articles about Elijah Muhammad’s Nation of Islam first appear?
2. What was Malcolm’s first reaction to Alex Haley’s proposal about the publication of his life story?
3. What does Haley first ask Malcolm about that induces Malcolm to reveal intimate details about his life?
4. Next to college, where does Malcolm think is “the best place for a man to go if he needs to do some thinking”?
5. According to Haley, what is Malcolm’s opinion of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.?
6. By Malcolm’s calculations, what was the Nation of Islam’s membership before he joined? What was the membership 12 years later?...
(The entire section is 444 words.)