Last Updated on October 26, 2018, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 314
1. Where does Malcolm hold many of his public meetings?
2. Malcolm cites two countries as having had a “revolution” to overthrow their old systems of leadership. What countries does he cite?
3. From where does the city of St. Augustine, Florida, get its name?
4. According to orthodox Muslim law, who was Muhammad ibn Adbullah?
5. While Malcolm is abroad in 1964, there is a campaign going on in the United States for President. Who are the two major candidates in that election?
6. What shocking F.B.I. statistic does Malcolm cite regarding crime in America?
7. What does Malcolm regret about his past?
8. What languages does Malcolm want to learn?
9. Which journalists does Malcolm consider to be “open and objective”?
10. If he is killed, whom does Malcolm think would be responsible?
1. Malcolm holds many of his public meetings in Harlem’s Audubon Ballroom.
2. The two countries that Malcolm cites as having had a “revolution” to overthrow their old systems of leadership are Egypt and Algeria.
3. St. Augustine, Florida, “is named for the black African saint who saved Catholicism from heresy.”
4. According to orthodox Muslim law, Muhammad ibn Abdullah lived in the Holy City of Mecca 1400 years ago. He was the last Messenger of Allah.
5. The two major candidates in the 1964 United States presidential election are Lyndon Johnson and Barry Goldwater.
6. Malcolm cites a shocking F.B.I. statistic regarding the rising crime rate in the United States. Since the end of World War II, statistics indicate that there has been an annual 10 to 12 percent rise in the crime rate.
7. Malcolm regrets that he never received a good academic education.
8. Malcolm wants to learn the basic African dialects, Chinese, and Arabic.
9. Malcolm considers Irv Kupcinet in Chicago, and Barry Farber, Barry Gray, and Mike Wallace in New York to be “open and objective.”
10. Malcolm thinks he will be killed by the Muslims from the Nation of Islam.
Unlock This Study Guide Now
- 30,000+ book summaries
- 20% study tools discount
- Ad-free content
- PDF downloads
- 300,000+ answers
- 5-star customer support