Act IV, Scene 15: Questions and Answers
1. Why does Cleopatra refuse to come down from her monument to kiss the dying Antony one last time? Is this an indication of her character or of her true feelings about Antony?
2. What does Cleopatra do instead of emerging from her monument?
3. Cleopatra says, “If knife, drugs, serpents, have/Edge, sting, or operation, I am safe.” What does she mean?
4. Cleopatra says, a few lines later, “Had I great Juno’s power,/The strong-winged Mercury should fetch thee up/And set thee by Jove’s side.” About whom is she talking?
5. Whom does Antony, before he dies, tell the queen to trust?
6. What advice does he give the queen at that time?...
(The entire section is 451 words.)