Act III, Scene 1: Questions and Answers
1. Why was Antony so anxious to conquer Parthia and its king, Orodes?
2. What particular function does Silius perform in this scene?
3. What did Silius want Ventidius to do?
4. Why did Ventidius refuse to do it?
5. What did Ventidius plan to do immediately after his victory?
6. What was the most pressing message Ventidius intended to send to Antony, other than informing him of the victory, and why was that message of supreme importance?
7. Ventidius says, “Caesar and Antony have ever won/More in their officer than person.” What did he mean?
8. Who was Sossius?
9. Silius says, “Thou hast, Ventidius,...
(The entire section is 405 words.)