What Do I Read Next?
Last Updated on July 29, 2019, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 173
- The Nick Adams Stories (1969) is a collection of all of Hemingway’s stories, including ‘‘In Another Country,’’ featuring Nick Adams, some of which had been previously published in other collections. Eight stories had never been published, some of which are unfinished.
- The Snows of Kilimanjaro and Other Stories (1927) is a collection of short stories by Ernest Hemingway including ‘‘In Another Country.’’
- Ernest Hemingway: A Life Story (1969), by Carlos Baker, is a well-known biography of the author.
- All Quiet on the Western Front, by Erich Maria Remarque, is a classic anti-war novel chronicling the fates of several young German men who eagerly enlist in World War I. Originally published in the United States in 1929.
- What We Talk About When We Talk About Love (1980) is one of several short story collections by Raymond Carver. His stories, written primarily in the 1970s and 1980s, have often been compared stylistically to Hemingway’s.
- Exile’s Return (1934), by Malcolm Cowley, recounts experiences of the expatriate writers, including Hemingway, in 1920s Europe by a writer who knew them intimately.