Last Updated on July 29, 2019, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 136
1. Discuss the pig's idea of "animalism." What happens to this theory as the novel progresses?
2. Why is the windmill such an important object?
3. Why is the song Beasts of England important to the animals in the beginning, and why do they abolish it at the end?
4. What happens to the original seven commandments? Why are they later revised?
5. Discuss how the events of the Battle of the Cowshed are changed to present snowball in a bad light.
6. Why are the sheep taken to a corner of the farm at the end of the novel and kept there for a week?
7. Why do Snowball and Napoleon disagrees. Could the farm have functioned with both pigs as leaders?
8. Moses, the tame raven, speaks of Sugarcandy Mountain. What is the significance of this? Why do the animals hate him?
Unlock This Study Guide Now
Start your 48-hour free trial and unlock all the summaries, Q&A, and analyses you need to get better grades now.
- 30,000+ book summaries
- 20% study tools discount
- Ad-free content
- PDF downloads
- 300,000+ answers
- 5-star customer support