Chapter VIII Questions and Answers
- What happens to the commandment about killing other animals?
- Why don’t the animals dispute Squealer’s claims that their quality of life and productivity have improved?
- Why do the animals prefer Mr. Pilkington to Mr. Frederick?
- Why are the animals shocked when Napoleon sells the timber to Mr. Frederick?
- How does Mr. Frederick betray Napoleon?
- What happens the morning after Napoleon discovers Mr. Frederick’s trick?
- Why don’t the animals initially feel victorious after the battle?
- What is really wrong with Napoleon when the pigs report that he is dying?
- What do the animals find when they are woken up by a loud crash?
- What does the commandment against drinking alcohol now say?
- The words “without cause” are added to the end of the commandment against killing other animals to justify the executions.
- The animals have begun to forget what life was like under...
(The entire section is 304 words.)