Last Updated on October 26, 2018, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 256
- What “rumors” are spread about the windmill?
- How is the new windmill constructed differently?
- What happens when Mr. Whymper comes to visit?
- Why do the hens rebel?
- Why do the hens relent?
- What does Squealer announce about the Battle of Cowshed?
- What happens at the meeting in the yard?
- What happens when the dogs try to grab Boxer?
- What do the animals do after the meeting in the yard?
- Why does Squealer say “Beasts of England” has been outlawed?
- It is rumored that the windmill’s walls were too thin, which is why it was knocked over during the windstorm.
- The new windmill has walls that are three feet thick.
- Whenever Mr. Whymper comes to visit, the animals are instructed to loudly lie about ration increases, and the empty barrels of food are made to appear full.
- The hens rebel because Napoleon announces that he will be selling their eggs.
- The hens relent after Napoleon stops their rations and nine hens die.
- Squealer announces that Snowball was actually in league with Mr. Jones during the Battle of Cowshed.
- During the meeting, several animals come forward and confess to traitorous acts, for which they are then executed.
- When the dogs attack Boxer, he easily defends himself and pins one of them down until Napoleon tells him to release him.
- After the meeting in the yard, the animals huddle together and sadly sing “Beasts of England.”
- Squealer claims that “Beasts of England” is a revolutionary song that is no longer needed since the revolution is complete.
Unlock This Study Guide Now
Start your 48-hour free trial and unlock all the summaries, Q&A, and analyses you need to get better grades now.
- 30,000+ book summaries
- 20% study tools discount
- Ad-free content
- PDF downloads
- 300,000+ answers
- 5-star customer support