Last Updated on October 26, 2018, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 217
- How do Snowball and Napoleon send word of the rebellion to other animals?
- Who is Mr. Pilkington?
- Who is Mr. Frederick?
- What rumors spread about Animal Farm?
- What has Snowball been doing to prepare for Jones’s return?
- How is Snowball injured?
- Why is Boxer upset after the battle?
- Where was Mollie during the battle?
- What do the animals name the battle?
- What awards do the animals create?
- Snowball and Napoleon send out pigeons to other farms to try to encourage further rebellion.
- Mr. Pilkington is an easygoing farmer who owns neighboring Foxwood Farm.
- Mr. Frederick is the owner of Pinchfield Farm and is known for being tough and shrewd.
- Rumors spread among the humans that the animals on Animal Farm are starving and practicing cannibalism and torture.
- Snowball has been studying the battle tactics of Julius Caesar to prepare to fight off Jones.
- Snowball is injured when a shot grazes his back as he charges Mr. Jones.
- Boxer kicks a young farmhand in the head and stuns him. Thinking that he killed the boy, Boxer feels extremely guilty.
- Mollie fled when she heard the guns go off and was found hiding in the barn.
- The battle is named the “Battle of Cowshed.”
- The animals create “Animal Hero, First Class” and “Animal Hero, Second Class.”
Unlock This Study Guide Now
Start your 48-hour free trial and unlock all the summaries, Q&A, and analyses you need to get better grades now.
- 30,000+ book summaries
- 20% study tools discount
- Ad-free content
- PDF downloads
- 300,000+ answers
- 5-star customer support