Last Updated on October 26, 2018, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 225
- What happens to Old Major?
- Who leads the preparations for the rebellion?
- Who is Squealer?
- What is Animalism?
- Why don’t the pigs like Moses?
- Why does Mollie seem concerned about Animalism?
- What prompts the rebellion?
- What have the pigs secretly learned to do?
- What are the Seven Commandments?
- What happens to the milk from the cows?
- Old Major dies three days after his speech.
- The pigs—especially Napoleon and Snowball—lead the farm in preparing for the rebellion.
- Squealer is a very persuasive pig.
- Animalism is a theory that the pigs derive from Old Major’s speech.
- The pigs don’t like Moses because his talk of Sugarcandy Mountain distracts the animals from the need for rebellion.
- Mollie is concerned that she won’t get to wear hair ribbons or enjoy lump sugar after the rebellion.
- Farmer Jones starts drinking more and neglects to feed the animals for over twenty-four hours.
- The pigs reveal that they have taught themselves to read and write.
- The Seven Commandments are:
- Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
- Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
- No animal shall wear clothes.
- No animal shall sleep in a bed.
- No animal shall drink alcohol.
- No animal shall kill any other animal.
- All animals are equal.
- It is implied that Napoleon stole the milk.
Unlock This Study Guide Now
Start your 48-hour free trial and unlock all the summaries, Q&A, and analyses you need to get better grades now.
- 30,000+ book summaries
- 20% study tools discount
- Ad-free content
- PDF downloads
- 300,000+ answers
- 5-star customer support