Angela's Ashes Quiz Chapters One and TwoDownload PDF
Excerpt From This Document
Chapters 1 and 2
- What religion are the McCourts?
- What does Angela fix for Oliver to eat/drink when he becomes ill?
- Why do Franky and the “big boy” get into a fight when Angela registers him for school?
- What happens to baby Margaret after she dies?
- How, specifically, does Eugene die?
- Why does Aunt Aggie cry when Malachy is on Uncle Pa Keating’s knee?
- Why do Angela and Malachy marry?
- What happened to Pat, Angela’s brother?
- What is significant about Angela Sheehan’s (Franky’s mom) birth?
- What is the story that Franky claims is “his story”?
- What monument does Franky get to see based on “his story”?
- Describe Malachy Jr:
- Describe Franky:
- What happens when Malachy Sr. goes to the IRA for money?
- Why did he feel like he was entitled to money from the IRA?
- Describe the Leamy’s school which Franky and Malachy Jr. were to attend:
- Who do the McCourt’s go and visit upon their return from the USA (list both sets of people)?
- Who, in your opinion, who helps the McCourts the most upon their return to Ireland?
- In what way were they helped?
- Discuss the irony in the section of the book where Franky steals fruit from the Italian man’s store :
- What image, to you, is the most stark and profound that we have encountered in the first three chapters? Why?
- Why does McCourt, as author and narrator, choose to NOT use quotation marks and to USE run-on sentences in places? What is the effect of these two rhetorical devices on the story that he is telling?
About this Document
Brief quiz w/ short essay answers at end. This is mostly a check for understanding and a "did you read?" quiz.