Questions and Answers: Chapter 4
1. Why is the current method of testing for androids a concern to police organizations?
2. What does the inability for some humans to pass the Voigt-Kampff Empathy Test imply?
3. Why is Deckard sent to the Rosen association?
4. Why does the Rosen Association care about which test methods the bounty hunters use?
5. Who is Deckard’s first test subject?
1. The current method of testing is a concern for the police because some humans who are schizophrenic have failed the Voigt-Kampff Test and achieved results identical to those of androids.
2. Since some humans also fail the Voight-Kampff Test, there are instances when a human could be misclassified as an android, which means that a bounty hunter could legally kill the human.
3. The Rosen Association manufactures the Nexus-6 android. Because methods of testing have come into question, Deckard is sent to the company to try the Voigt-Kampff test on a number of human and android test subjects to see if the test is accurate in its classification.
4. The Rosen Association is concerned with testing methods because if a test proves faulty in determining android or human, then the Rosen Association will be required to suspend its production of androids.
5. Rachel Rosen is Deckard’s first test subject.