Questions and Answers: Chapter 3
1. What is the fundamental difference between androids and humans?
2. How do bounty hunters test for this difference?
3. What is special about the Nexus-6 model of android?
4. Why is the real ostrich so expensive?
5. Why doesn’t Deckard offer his real name to the salesperson at the animal shop?
1. Androids are incapable of feeling empathy, an emotion that humans are able to experience with respect towards one another.
2. Bounty hunters use the Voigt-Kampff Test to determine the involuntary physical responses of the test subject. The test involves questions that stimulate emotional responses in humans.
3. The Nexus-6 model of android is thee newest model available. Their brain systems render them more intellectually capable than most humans who have been classifieds as specials.
4. The real ostrich is so expensive because it is the only one remaining on the West Coast.
5. Deckard gives an alias at the animal shop because he is ashamed of not having enough money to purchase the real ostrich.