Chapters 24 and 25 Questions and Answers
1. What does the duke do so that Jim does not need to be tied up in the wigwam all day?
2. Who gives the king the information about the Wilks family?
3. What are the names of the three Wilks sisters?
4. Who meets the king, the duke, and Huck when they reach the shore in the yawl?
5. How do the Wilks girls react when they see the king and the duke?
6. How does the crowd react when the king names several of Peter Wilks’ closest friends and invites them for supper?
7. Does the duke say anything to the townspeople?
8. Why do the king and duke give the Wilks sisters $415 of their own money?
9. Who is Dr. Robinson? How does he feel about the king and the duke?
10. What does Dr. Robinson think about the king’s English accent?
1. The duke paints his face and other parts of his body blue so he will look like a sick Arab rather than a runaway slave.
2. The king gets all his information from a “young country jake” who is taking a trip to South America. They pick him up and take him to the steamboat.
3. The three Wilks sisters are Mary Jane (19 years old), Susan (15), and Joanna (14).
4. About two dozen people meet them at the boat dock, but the news travels fast and soon the streets are flooded with curiosity seekers.
5. They welcome their long-lost uncles with open arms, since they have never seen their real uncles and don’t know what they look like.
6. The crowd is impressed. The fact that he knows them by name gives him credibility as the true brother of Peter Wilks.
7. No, he does not say anything because he is supposedly the deaf brother of Peter Wilks.
8. They find that the money hidden in the basement is short $415. They want to make sure they will not be suspected of stealing.
9. Dr. Robinson is a well-respected citizen in town. He thinks the king and the duke are frauds and imposters who should be driven out of town.
10. Dr. Robinson thinks the king’s imitation of an Englishman is the worst he has ever heard.