A Sound of Thunder Figurative Language
- Release Date: February 12, 2019
- Age Levels: Grade 9
“A Sound of Thunder” – Figurative Language: Identify the figure of speech or stylistic device being illustrated by the quotes below.
- (36) Out of chars and ashes, out of dust and coals, like goldensalamanders.
- (37) Time was a film run backward.
- (39) Each lower leg was a piston.
- (41) A thousand pounds of white bone…sheathed over in a gleam ofpebbled skin, like the mail of a terrible warrior.
- (41) Exposing a fence of teeth like daggers
- (41) Its armored flesh glittered like a thousand green coins.
- (41) The rifles cracked again.
- (42) Like a stone idol, like a mountain avalanche, Tyrannosaurus fell.
- (42) It was like standing by a wrecked locomotive or a steam shovel atquitting time.
- (43) Eckels turned slowly to regard the primeval garbage dump, that hill of nightmares and terror.
Worksheet for identifying figurative language and stylistic devices.